We Offer Comprehensive Puppy and Kitten Care for Your New Addition
At Lansing Animal Hospital we are here to help make sure your new addition gets the best possible start at life. Just as you would take your child to a pediatrician for professional medical care and advice, our veterinarians and staff are here to help care for and support your pet during the early stages of their life.
We recommend you bring your new puppy or kitten in for its first wellness visit between 6 to 8 weeks of age. We are so dedicated to your pet receiving the early health care they need, that we offer a free puppy or kitten wellness exam for all healthy pets, and also for newly adopted pets.
At this visit, our veterinarians will:
- Perform a full examination of your puppy or kitten
- Perform testing for parasites, deworming, and feline viruses (for kittens)
- Administer your pet’s first vaccinations and develop an ongoing vaccination schedule
- Begin your pet on parasite control and heartworm preventive medications
- Discuss your pet being spayed or neutered between 4 to 6 months of age
- Provide advice regarding your pet’s diet, exercise, behavior and overall veterinary care regimen
- Review any possible hereditary or environmental risks and conditions that may affect your pet
- Answer any questions or concerns you may have regarding your pet’s health and wellness
Your puppy’s or kitten’s initial visit with us will serve as just the beginning of what we hope will become a long-standing relationship between our hospital and your family. Please plan to make several visits during your pet’s first months for wellness care, vaccinations, and ongoing monitoring of any health or behavior issues.
For more information on our puppy and kitten care services, and to schedule your pet’s wellness exam, please contact us at (708) 474-0021.